anthrbookjunkie

anthrbookjunkie

Undead

Undead - Kirsty McKay I will be honest, I wasn’t expecting a lot out of Undead. Despite my love for zombies, it’s pretty thin which made me worry about development. Thankfully, I was worried for no reason.I think what made me enjoy Undead so much was the fact that McKay managed to develop such characters in such a short time, while keeping you glued to the pages with non-stop action. I loved the characters from the very start, even Alice who isn’t the most likeable person. They all bring their own special touch to the story, and their relationships with each other were great. I laughed numerous times throughout the book.Would these be the reactions of a few teenagers caught in the middle of a zombie apocalypse? I’m not sure. I suppose it would depend on the person, but I will admit their cheer was a bit much, given the circumstances. So, I hope Unfed sheds light on the fact that these characters have possibly lost everyone they love.The book seemed to have a tongue-in-cheek way of implementing clichés, making them amusing rather than annoying. You have your bad boy, your geeky smart character, your self-absorbed airhead, and your gutsy protagonist. You have a creepy house, a conspiracy, and a bit of a twist. But it all worked. I would definitely recommend giving this one a shot, especially my fellow zombie lovers.