anthrbookjunkie

anthrbookjunkie

Pushing the Limits

Pushing the Limits - Pushing the Limits has everything I look for in a young adult contemporary romance. Characters you can empathize with, an engrossing plot, sexual tension, pacing, structure, depth—it was all there for me.The romance takes the front seat in Pushing the Limits, but it isn’t all there is to the story and I loved that. Both Echo and Noah have their personal issues that they’re dealing with, and they deal with them very differently. Their actions and circumstances make them opposites but in many ways they are a lot alike. I enjoyed watching them push through their problems, together and apart. The secondary characters were great as well, and I’m looking forward to reading Beth’s story (Dare You To).While this book is ultimately a romance, the plot is raw and engrossing. There is nothing sugar-coated about Echo and Noah’s lives. Their circumstances were very believable, but they were also done in a way that didn’t feel cliché, as these things can sometimes seem. It was extremely well-written, and all of the pieces came together perfectly.There isn’t a single thing I can think of to complain about. Pushing the Limits is the epitome of what contemporary YA should be, and Katie McGarry has made a fan out of me.