anthrbookjunkie

anthrbookjunkie

Bad Taste in Boys

Bad Taste in Boys - Carrie Harris I love that cover. So much. I think this is a case in which judging a book by its cover was a bad idea.Bad Taste in Boys wasn’t bad. It was entertaining, it made me smile a few times, but it wasn’t at all what I expected. I don’t really understand the purpose of the cover OR the title. Neither seems to fit. I expected something dark and twisted, and I got light and fun. Not a bad thing, just an unexpected thing.Enjoying all aspects of this story requires you to suspend a great deal of disbelief, and perhaps I just wasn’t in the mood to do that when I read Bad Taste in Boys, because the unlikelihood of all of it was too much for me to handle at times. It wasn’t just the zombies, but also the protagonist, Kate. She was extremely smart and geeky, and yet she hung with the popular girls and had the attention of the popular jocks in school. There was nothing the girl couldn’t do, and I just had a hard time buying into it.I finished the book in a day, so obviously I did enjoy it. Nothing annoyed me to the point of giving up. I wanted to see it through to the end. It was cute. If you’re looking for something light and fun, Bad Taste in Boys will deliver.