anthrbookjunkie

anthrbookjunkie

Shifting

Shifting - Bethany Wiggins I’m quite shocked at how much I enjoyed Shifting. After attempting to read numerous books and failing to really get into any of them, I picked up Shifting and expected to put it back down, just like all the others. But I couldn’t, because from the first chapter, I was drawn in.I loved the characters. Maggie was interesting, although a bit too forgiving, and Bridger was engaging, if a bit arrogant. But flawed characters are believable characters. Their relationship had me on the edge of my seat from beginning to end, and the ending was…..expectedly unexpected. I saw some sort of twist coming but I kept changing my mind about what exactly that twist may have been. I like that it kept me guessing.This isn’t the cover that is on the ARC I read, and I’m hoping the cover on the ARC is the official. (Although I’m pretty sure THIS is the official cover) It makes a lot more sense to me than the snake does. Don’t get me wrong, I love this cover, but the ARC cover seems more appropriate.Shifting is one of those—dare I say—Twilighty, feel good books. (I am not going to elaborate, or say which I prefer…heh) There’s a touch of paranormal, and a romance that you can’t help but see through to the end. And in the end, you just think “aww”.To my knowledge, there is no sequel in the works, which is okay because this book came to a satisfying conclusion. I would not, however, be the least bit upset to see more of Maggie and Bridger in the future.