anthrbookjunkie

anthrbookjunkie

Outpost (Razorland Series #2)

Outpost - Ann Aguirre I have mixed feelings about Outpost. While I did enjoy it and I’m still attached Duece, Fade, and Stalker—I wasn’t quite as fond of it as I was Enclave. Something just didn’t connect for me, and this upsets me.It started off a bit slow but it was never in a way that bored me. I adore these characters, and I think Outpost is more about their personal growth and changes than anything else. It wasn’t nearly as action packed as Enclave, but I’m okay with that. I liked the addition of new characters. We see them all adjust to their new lives and find their new roles in this society, and it’s ultimately about their self-discovery. That was an aspect I did enjoy and I think it was done really, really well. Duece is a fantastic character, and I can relate to her in a lot of ways. Watching her grow and change was captivating.I love both Fade and Stalker, but I’m disappointed in the fact that the love triangle has become such a part of the story. This was my biggest issue with Outpost. It was obviously going that way in Enclave, but it intensified in Outpost and it was just a letdown for me. If I wasn’t so sick of love triangles, perhaps this wouldn’t have bothered me. I was always a fan of Stalker, but not as a romantic option. He has definitely become a contender. His loyalty is astounding and I’m not looking forward to him being hurt in the end.Overall, this wasn’t quite the sequel I had hoped for, but I still really enjoyed it. I cannot stress how much I loved these characters. If I had to guess, I'd say their emotional turmoil (present and future) is ultimately why I can't say I loved it. It makes me hurt. Nevertheless, I’m definitely anticipating Horde!