anthrbookjunkie

anthrbookjunkie

Sophie & Carter

Sophie & Carter - Chelsea Fine I hadn’t realized Sophie & Carter would be so short. I would think it’s technically a novella, but the author managed to pack a powerful little story into just over one hundred pages.I do wish the story had been longer. While I am impressed with Fine’s ability to make me care about the story and the characters in so few words, I think it would have benefited from more. There was a lot of potential to build more history for these two, and part of me wishes that had been there. Nevertheless, we definitely get a sense of who these characters are, and of their family lives.Another thing I wasn’t expecting was their struggles. I had assumed (by the cover, I admit), that this story would be all fluff. I love that their relationship is solid. There is nothing threatening to destroy their friendship or their brewing romantic relationship. The things they endure are forces that lie outside the two of them, threatening to destroy them individually. It was a nice change.Cute story with relatable characters. I’d recommend it for a short escape.