anthrbookjunkie

anthrbookjunkie

I Now Pronounce You Someone Else

I Now Pronounce You Someone Else - I think that synopsis is a bit much. They may as well have told you the entire story, because in all honesty, that pretty much sums it up.I thought this was a cute, fun read. Jared was adorable, but I think he was too mature for Bronwen. She realized that too, just long after the reader does. Which is one issue I had with this book. I can not stand realizing something chapters before the protagonist. It drives me insane.It's kind of sad, really. Seeing her lose herself to their relationship, when she never really understood who she was to begin with. When she finally realized how badly her life was spinning out of her control, I had mixed feelings. On one had I thought, "Finally!" and on the other hand I felt bad for Jared. Though only eighteen, I still felt she could have handled the situation differently. I tried to remind myself--she's only eighteen, but I remember being eighteen, and I don't think I was that naive. But it goes without saying, Jared being the mature one, he should have realized that she was not on his level, and he should have slowed things down.Their budding love was just adorable. I didn't really feel as though the book's conflict packed enough punch, but it did keep me interested. I really liked the ending, but I won't say anything more because I can't figure out how to review this book without including spoilers!