anthrbookjunkie

anthrbookjunkie

The Lonely Hearts Club

The Lonely Hearts Club - http://anotherbookjunkie.blogspot.com/2010/07/review-lonely-hearts-club-by.htmlThis book was recommended by Stephenie Meyer. Many people are upset about it not living up to their expectations of what they thought Meyer would be recommending. Lucky for me, I didn't know she had even recommended it until after I had read it. So none of those high expectations got in the way of me enjoying it.I thought it was a cute book. Nothing about it blew me away, but I enjoyed it. Eulberg kept me entertained, and I liked Ryan a lot. Overall, it was just--fun.I personally didn't care much for the dialogue. I don't believe that's really how teens are talking these days, but very few authors really get that right. Then again, maybe that just varies in different parts of the world/country.Putting the not-so-believable dialogue aside, I think she hit home with what's going on in the lives of teens. Most teenagers are slaves to their hormones. This shows in every single one of their actions.Anywho, I enjoyed the book. Not blown away, but not disappointed. Like I said, it was a fun read!