anthrbookjunkie

anthrbookjunkie

Blood Feud

Blood Feud - Alyxandra Harvey (Is it just me, or does the girl on the cover look a lot like Emily Browning?)Just like Hearts at Stake, the romance is hanging in the backdrop. It's definitely there, but it isn't the main focus of the novel, though at certain times, it starts to feel that way. But then it switches back to battles, where more is at stake than just the relationship of Logan and Isabeau. (I really hope "Isabeau' is pronounced more elegantly than it sounds in my head.)Also, like Hearts at Stake, I loved the double point of view. I enjoy reading from multiple character's perspective, as long as the author can pull it off. Harvey can.The characters are well done, once again. Logan and Isabeau were completely different than Nicholas, Keiran, Solange, or Lucy. I was glad we got to see the four of them again, though. It was nice to see how their story was going. But I was more concerned with Isabeau and Logan, which is refreshing, because I was expecting to only care about the characters from the first novel. Was not the case. Isabeau, having lived in a coffin for 200 years, wasn't really up to date on the culture of the current world, so there were times when her lack of knowledge about little things, made me laugh.I wasn't a huge fan of the "flash-back" chapters. I know we needed to see Isabeau's past, and I enjoyed the story there, but it slowed the book down a bit for me. There was a lot more narrative in these chapters, and very little dialogue.Magic, and the dogs are introduced in this one. Both things were fun to read about, and once again it was a quick, enjoyable read. Harvey has created a special little world, and I am anticipating the third installment!!