anthrbookjunkie

anthrbookjunkie

Sweet Evil

Sweet Evil - Sweet Evil surprised me in many ways. I’m sure if I actually broke everything down and really thought about the story, there would be a lot I would complain about. But I’m not going to do that. I enjoyed myself while reading Sweet Evil, and I refuse to deny myself this guilty pleasure by analyzing everything.I really liked Kaiden. I mean, really. He’s so hateful and…well, evil….but given his genetic makeup…I don’t know! Normally this is a guy who would irk me. He is your typical bad boy (equipped with an English accent, even) but there was just something about this guy (or the way I imagined him, anyway. And trust me it wasn’t just the accent) that left me swooning. I wasn’t really a fan of Anna, though. She was okay at first but toward the second half of the book she bordered on pathetic, and I was resisting the urge to skim.The romance is what drew me into this story, plain and simple. It’s not that the plot wasn’t interesting—it was. I think it’s the fact that I’d plotted and written a few chapters of my own story involving the deadly sins, and now I feel like it’s been done so I’m no longer feeling my own story. Ha! So I really had to keep reminding myself to forget about all that and focus on the story.The romance was hot, the characters were great if flawed, and the plot was engaging when I allowed myself to enjoy it. The first half of the book is almost too hot though, enough so that I was thinking about how much I wished the characters were a few years older.I didn’t like the ending. That is probably my only disappointment. The second half of the book wasn’t as interesting as the first for me, but I was definitely still enjoying the story. But then comes the ending, and I just wasn’t satisfied. Sweet Evil is an engrossing read that I think a lot of people will latch onto. I know I will personally be on the look-out for a sequel, assuming a dreadful triangle doesn’t appear.