anthrbookjunkie

anthrbookjunkie

Minder (A Ganzfield Novel)

Minder - Kate Kaynak I'm torn on how to review this book, because there were things I enjoyed, and things I didn't.Maddie and Trevor's relationship is adorable. While I enjoyed it once it started, I feel like it started too soon. There really wasn't much development. I may have liked this, if I personally believed in the idea of love and first sight and soulmates. However, since I don't, it was hard for me to grasp how they fell in love at all.I loved the idea of their individual abilities. They were all unique, and they're described in a way that feels real. You can't help but wish you lived in their world. All of the characters grabbed my attention in their own way.I enjoyed the story its self, and I am excited to see where the next book takes us. My only really issue with the novel was that it felt rushed to me. Rushed, and yet at the same time, nothing seemed to really be happening. The majority of the novel revolves around Maddie and Trevor's growing relationship, but it didn't feel as though their relationship was growing at all. It was just...what it was. They were soulmates, in love, and while adorable, it fell flat for me.The last few chapters is when it really picks up, and we start to see some real action. Now Maddie doesn't just love Trevor, but she also has to use her power to keep him. I won't say more, I don't want to spoil it.I'd recommend this to anyone who wants a sweet little love story. I'd also recommend this to someone who is interested in latching onto a new and promising series. To those people I'd say, stick out to the last few chapters, you'll be pleasantly surprised.