anthrbookjunkie

anthrbookjunkie

Nailed

Nailed - Jennifer Laurens Let's start with the cover. I don't like it. I don't know why I don't like it, I just don't. However, it is better than the old cover for the book, if anyone has seen that one. I think it's just her facial expression...it throws me off. The book opened with Mandy's first day on the job. This is one thing I love about Laurens' books. You open it, and the story starts. You don't get a whole lot of back story, and you don't get bored. While a lot of detail works for some novels, most of the time I just want to skip all of that.Aside from her name, I didn't care too much for Mandy. She had her redeeming qualities, but most of the time I just felt like she was extremely naive. She was naive when it came to a lot of things, but mostly AJ. I did not like him. I thought he was a sleezeball, to be honest. I'm pretty sure he was actually a decent guy, but his "baby-doll" habit made my skin crawl. Then there was Boston, whom I found myself rooting for from the very beginning. There was something about the way he was so determined, and not shallow like the other guys. (And I don't mean shallow as in character depth, I mean shallow as in....Oh, lookie, Megan Fox *drool*) While AJ was drawn to Mandy by the way she looked, Boston was just drawn to her. I also loved Cam, Mandy's best friend, and I wish we had gotten to see at least a little more of him.I loved the fact that Mandy wanted to build houses. She genuinely wanted to be there, which was great. She was not your typical teenage girl. Not to mention, it was a great setting for the book.All dislikes aside, I loved the story. The way Laurens writes moves the story along beautifully, and before you realize it, you've finished the book. I'm not going to lie, I felt butterflies FOR Mandy, on more than occasion.