anthrbookjunkie

anthrbookjunkie

Girl Meets Boy: Because There Are Two Sides to Every Story

Girl Meets Boy: Because There Are Two Sides to Every Story - Kelly Milner Halls, Chris Crutcher, Rebecca Fjelland Davis, Terry Davis, Terry Trueman, Cynthia Leitich Smith, Rita Williams-Garcia, Sara Ryan, Randy Powell, Ellen Wittlinger, James Howe, Joseph Bruchac 2.5 Stars Girl Meets Boy sets out to accomplish the telling of a particular story from the point of view of both parties involved. Or at least, that was what I was expecting, and it’s what I was led to believe by the “Introduction” in the beginning of the book. Unfortunately I felt like it only accomplishes this part of the time.In any given situation, I don’t believe there is ever a time where two people see things the exact same way. We all perceive things our own way, and we perceive each other our own way. The first set of stories in this book definitely show that, but after that point I think it kind of falls off. Being just a few pages each, I expected the stories to be a lot more intense, but they were very mild. At times the stories didn’t even overlap completely, and it just felt pointless. It was easy for me to forget these characters as I moved through the book because none of the stories had an impact on me personally. While it deals with a few serious issues, the chapters were very short and the characters didn’t feel as fleshed out as I would have liked them to be. My disappointment may be in large part to the title and the cover. I was expecting a lot of romance and I just didn’t feel much of that. It felt like the book was going for a lot more than romance, but for me it just failed to deliver. It wasn’t an awful read by any means, but I think people who are more apt to enjoying the YA that is geared toward younger teens will enjoy this more than I did.