anthrbookjunkie

anthrbookjunkie

Hush, Hush - Becca Fitzpatrick I originally rated this book 5 stars back in 2010 when I first read it, and the glowing review below reflects that rating. But with time, something has made me look back on this book with disdain. Maybe I'm jaded now, or maybe I was delusional and still in my Twilight-appreciation phase, who knows. I don't want a 5 star review for Hush, Hush associated with my account, as silly as that may be. So I changed it. From page one, I was pulled into Nora's world, and I did not want to put it down. I thought she was a fantastic protagonist. She was intelligent and strong willed, and despite a few missteps, she was quite perceptive. Patch is......wow. Definitely swoon worthy. I'm trying not to devote my review to gushing about Patch, and it is taking some serious effort on my part. I couldn't help but hang onto every word out of his mouth. He has that whole bad boy persona mastered, but deep down he's a pretty decent guy. A decent guy who just happens to OOZE sex appeal. (Too much? Yeah...) Vee is Nora's best friend, and there were times when I liked her, and times when I really didn't. She's naive and selfish at times, but when you finish the book, her naivety seems to make perfect sense.I could not put this book down. I read into the night until the final page, and was left wanting more more more. It is incredibly fast paced, and there were times when I was actually surprised. I was so preoccupied with the fantastic story being laid out for me, that I didn't even try to predict the outcome! Oh, and could the ending have been more perfect? No, it couldn't have. Not. Possible.Ahem. Crescendo. Please?