anthrbookjunkie

anthrbookjunkie

Marigny Street (Saving Angels Series) - Annie Rose Welch I’ll be honest, there are a lot of themes in Marigny Street that aren’t typically my cup of tea. It deals with loss, angelic beings, and ooey gooey romance. All of these things are a far cry from what I usually enjoy, but something about Marigny’s cover made me want to give it a shot.I’m glad I did! There was one chapter that I really connected with for reasons that I wouldn’t discuss even if they weren’t spoilers, and I think this set the precedent for my enjoyment of the rest of the novel. It hit home and I was able to connect to the story. Another thing is the writing. Welch’s writing has a delicate, poetic edge, while still capturing the scene very well. It made me feel as if I was transported into another place. There were times when I would put down the book and look around me and it literally took me a few seconds to realize where I actually was. Despite how often you hear people rave about the place, I'd never had the urge to actually visit New Orleans until I was reading Marigny Street. If I had anything remotely negative to say about Marigny Street, it would probably lie in the romance, or Gabriel in particular. It was just a bit sappy, and he was just a bit too good to be true. But as I said before, ooey gooey isn’t usually my thing, so I don’t see this being an issue for people who are into sappy (for lack of a better word) romance. Despite the hint of supernatural and the gooey romance, something about Marigny Street still felt honest and just…pure. I would recommend it!