anthrbookjunkie

anthrbookjunkie

Romeo Redeemed - Stacey Jay I wasn’t the biggest fan of Juliet Immortal, but I loved the idea behind it and I wanted to read Romeo’s side of the story more than I cared for Juliet’s. So I was happy to get a chance to read the sequel, and hoped that a lot of the confusing aspects in the first installment would be explained this time around.They were not. I was lost most of the time when it came to the alternate universes and different time periods and how all of that works. It’s never fully explained. Maybe we’re just supposed to buy it, accept it for what it is, but I am not capable of that. I need things explained, or they just aren’t believable to me. Neither book in this series explains anything. It just doesn’t even make sense to me.I did enjoy Romeo’s character. He’s a tad twisted, as I was hoping for, though I didn’t necessarily find him swoon-worthy. I liked him in a sadistic way, and wouldn’t find him a good suite for a love interest. Unless of course, as is the case, the female involved is Ariel. She’s a bit on the psychotic side and I wasn’t a fan of her character. The romance was relatively enjoyable, but there were times when Ariel ruined that for me.I’m no more a fan of the ending of this one than I was of Juliet Immortal. They have unhappy happy endings, and it frustrates me.Did I dislike Romeo Redeemed? Not at all. I enjoyed reading it, but I think it had a lot of potential that it didn’t live up to.