anthrbookjunkie

anthrbookjunkie

My Life Next Door - Huntley Fitzpatrick It took me a few days to read My Life Next Door, and I'm not sure if that had something to do with my indifference toward it. I just didn't enjoy it as much as others, and as much as I had expected to.I thought Samantha fell flat as a character. We're supposed to believe she has had things so well all of her life, but we never see any of that. Money does not equal getting everything you want, and until her "friend" brings it up, we don't see her get much of anything out of life. She frets about not recognizing herself, but I couldn't empathize with that because she never felt like a real character to me. I did love Jase's family, and Tim. They all interested me more than Samantha and her life, which is probably the only reason I kept reading.The way it wraps up just bothered me. With a nice little bow. Given the circumstances, I didn't find the outcome believable, nor did I find Jase's rapid forgiveness believable. It all just felt forced. It reminded me of Nicholas Sparks' books, and you can take that as you will.