anthrbookjunkie

anthrbookjunkie

Supernaturally - Kiersten White I was a big fan of Paranormalcy. But for some reason, Supernaturally didn’t resonate with me in the same way Paranormalcy had. I found Evie extremely selfish this time around, and her inability to accept blame for anything had me quite annoyed. Also, she lies a lot. Lies that aren’t always necessary, and while I realize this is fiction, there is nothing that bothers me more than a liar. She still had that fun flair to her (sometimes), but I don’t know. It just didn’t make up for the things that annoyed me. To be honest, I can’t remember if she was this way in Paranormalcy. My issues with her character made it difficult to enjoy the story at times. Enough so that I actually had to force myself through the book.Now that that is out of the way, I’ll tell you what I did like about Supernaturally. Jack. I felt bad for Lend for the majority of the book, but Jack was a great addition to this series. For a while. It’s a shame that he was my favorite part of this story, that’s all I’m saying. I think he taught Evie more about humanity than any human she had encountered. But. Sigh.I think my favorite part of the entire book was the acknowledgments. (Seriously, Kiersten White writes some adorable acknowledgments!) Very little happened in this story, and I’ll probably read the final installment eventually just to see where this story ends. But I have to be honest. I think Paranormalcy should have been a stand-alone.