anthrbookjunkie

anthrbookjunkie

Demonglass - Rachel Hawkins To see complete review, visit http://anotherbookjunkie.blogspot.comFirst let me say, I wasn't expecting a whole lot out of this book. I enjoyed Hex Hall, but it wasn't something I absolutely fell in love with. It did leave me anxious for the second installment, however.There wasn't a moment of Demonglass that I didn't love. Sophie's returns with that snarky attitude that I grew to love in Hex Hall, but even better this time, I think. She's such a strong, independent girl, and I adore her as a character.The world in which Sophie lives was expanded greatly in Demonglass. We learn more about Sophie's heritage, as well as Archer's. New characters are introduced, and I loved all of them--namely, her father. Old characters returned and we got to know them a lot more this time around. I fell in love with Cal! I'm very excited to see what roll he plays in the third book of the series.After reading Hex Hall, I would have recommended the series for anyone who loves paranormal YA. Now I highly recommend it. I am shocked at how much I fell in love with the characters in Demonglass, and I can't begin to tell you how much I'm anticipating the third book. Demonglass surpassed Hex Hall in a way that I've personally never experienced from a sequel. Absolutely loved it! What more can I say?Be prepared for that cliffhanger, folks! It's a killer!