anthrbookjunkie

anthrbookjunkie

Summer's Crossing (Iron Fey #3.5) - Julie Kagawa Summer’s Crossing doesn’t have a lot to offer. It doesn’t add anything unique to this series. It probably wouldn’t be particularly enjoyable for those who aren’t fans of Puck. It gave us a small insight into his mind and the way he works, but that’s about all I got out of it. I think ultimately it serves as nothing more than a little something for us Puck fans, and something to hold the Iron Fey audience over in anticipation for The Iron Knight.I’m Team Puck. I have been since the beginning. I have some things I could say about the way Meghan handled the situation with him, as well as the attempted character assassination in The Iron Queen, but I will refrain from going into that. Heh.The fact that I’m team Puck is probably the only reason I enjoyed this. I liked getting a little more out of him, although hearing about his feelings for Meghan directly through him was kind of heartbreaking. If I’m being completely honest, I think my favorite thing about this entire series is Puck and Ash’s friendship in non-friendship disguise. There’s a loyalty there, even if both of them would like to pretend they still hate each other and want each other dead. This small glimpse into their journey ahead is probably the only thing that has me excited for The Iron Knight.