anthrbookjunkie

anthrbookjunkie

Paranormalcy - Kiersten White This is one of those summer releases, debut author, paranormal romance, young adult. Mix it all together and you have a novel that creates loads of hype before anyone even gets to read it. This hype never fails to make me nervous about picking up a book. This one was definitely no exception.I really enjoyed Paranormalcy. I think it definitely lived up to the hype. The story feels completely unique, which is rare these days.This is one of those stories in which you can completely get lost in their world. It feels so real, you don't really find yourself questioning it. As long as you keep reading, you're in Evie's world.Evie was an interesting character. At times I thought she was a little bit over the top, what with little pink Tasey and all. But she's a teenage girl so I guess that isn't anything out of the ordinary. Her best friend, Lish, was a fun character and I do wish we would've gotten to see a little more of her. Lend was just plain adorable.I recommend Paranormalcy for anyone who is a fan of paranormal young adult. It was fun, unique, and adorable.