anthrbookjunkie

anthrbookjunkie

Tastes Like Human: The Shark Guys' Book of Bitingly Funny Lists - The Shark Guys, Christopher Lombardo, Noel Boivin I don’t read non-fiction often, of any sort. Unless it’s a book written by someone I idolize (and trust me that list is short), or a topic I wish to learn about, I just don’t do it. I don’t care about a random person’s biography, or their world views and opinions on anything. But in this case, I was familiar with the Shark Guys and have actually visited their website a few times, so I figured I had to give it a shot.Lists are a fun way to pass time. They can be entertaining even, depending on the subject. However, your run of the mill “list books” or websites don’t offer much opinionated commentary, with a few exceptions. I think this is why I enjoyed Tastes Like Human so much. Their commentary for these lists was highly amusing, even on the most mundane subjects.There were a few lists that didn’t entertain me, but I think that’s going to boil down to preference. My favorites included “Top 10 Horniest Cult Leaders”, “12 Murderers and Star signs” (All famous crazies, and how right and/or wrong astrology gets things. Absolute favorite), “Top 20 First Date Suggestions” (a tongue in cheek “guide” to dating), and “5 ATM Etiquette Guidelines”.I had a lot of fun while reading this book, and to my surprise, I didn’t even need to read it alongside something fictional. It kept me completely entertained until the last page, and I would definitely recommend it if you’re looking for a few laughs.