anthrbookjunkie

anthrbookjunkie

From What I Remember...

From What I Remember... - Stacy Kramer, Valerie  Thomas From What I Remember was quite enjoyable. It reminded me of The Hangover, though much more romantic and a lot less vulgar. Obviously. This is one of those books that you close and just think “Well that was fun!”I really liked Kylie and her best friend Will. Their relationship was probably my favorite aspect of the story, always entertaining me. They often communicate through movie quotes, and all of the movies they quoted were movies I loved and have seen a dozen times. So definite thumbs up on the pop culture references.I can’t say I was head over heels for the romance, because of the circumstances. Kylie and Max may have been able to momentarily forget about people back home, but I couldn’t. So it was difficult for me to really invest in, especially in the end when Max became a character I didn’t care for. I will say, however, their adventure was a lot of fun. Though I couldn’t let go of what they were doing, watching them get to know one another kept me turning the pages. If Max had handled things differently later in the story, perhaps I could’ve loved it.The only thing I didn’t enjoy about From What I Remember was the multiple points of view. I would have been fine with just Kylie and Max’s input. That’s actually my preferred layout, but I could have done without Kylie’s brother and Lily’s chapters. Kylie’s brother’s seemed a bit pointless, and Lily’s served no purpose other than making me not like her, which may have been the point. Will’s chapters gave us a fun insight into who he was, but I still didn’t feel they were necessary.I would definitely recommend From What I Remember. It’s an entertaining journey from start to finish, and you won’t want to put it down.