anthrbookjunkie

anthrbookjunkie

The Mephisto Covenant: The Redemption of Ajax

The Mephisto Covenant: The Redemption of Ajax - Trinity Faegen Mephisto Covenant. This name alone made me think of a witchy boys, and even sons of hell translated in my mind to a group who had pledged their souls in some way to hell. I wasn’t expecting actual sons of hell, which is exactly what they are. Such a breath of fresh air with the abundance of other paranormal creatures and fallen angels floating about. Also; kind of hot if I do say so myself.The Mephisto Covenant started a little slow for me, though it jumps right into the action, it took a little while for me to start caring for the characters. Also, in the beginning there were resemblances to Unearthly that I had trouble shaking. Not just the cover, but the angelic girl and the skiing, my mind just kept flashing to Unearthly. But it isn’t long before this book takes it’s own very unique turns, and you completely forget you were ever able to make the comparison. (Seriously. I sat for ten minutes wondering what it was that distracted me in the beginning before I finally remembered.) (This probably makes the point irrelevant.)Such unique characters. Sasha is such a sweet girl, and I loved watching her transform in more ways than one. Jax is the obvious choice for swoonworthiness, but I found myself gravitating toward Phoenix (his brother) on more than one occasion. He’s so solemn, and still managed to pull laughs out of me numerous times. Sasha’s family were out of this world insane, Jax’s family were the kind you would want to spend eternity with. The secondary characters were nearly as fascinating as our main characters.There is a hot hot scene toward the end that had me to stopping to check if it was really YA or if I had imagined that part. If you know me, you know I have no problems with this. None whatsoever. The girl is eighteen, afterall. But I do think this would pose a problem for anyone who tends to shy away from sex in YA.The Mephisto Covenant is an alluring love story, so perfectly plotted and perfectly paced. It did not disappoint.4.5/5 Stars (Minus .5 for the slow start)