anthrbookjunkie

anthrbookjunkie

A Beautiful Evil

A Beautiful Evil - Kelly Keaton 3.5 StarsDarkness Becomes Her captured me. The story and the main character, Ari, both had this grittiness that I adored, and that remains true for Ari’s character in this second installment. The story, however, I didn’t find as interesting. There really isn’t much going on in A Beautiful Evil, although the few major scenes that are there definitely pack a punch. The book isn’t very long at just 285 pages, but I still felt like nothing was happening for most of the story. I didn’t even consider giving up, but I didn’t really have the desire to sit and read it for long periods of time, either. Luckily, these characters are interesting enough for me to still enjoy it. Yes, it took me a while to read it, and there isn’t much going on, but I don’t have a lot to complain about. A Beautiful Evil was a decent follow up to Darkness Becomes Her. But I would be lying if I said I wasn’t expecting more. The thing I was most disappointed with was the way the romance is handled in A Beautiful Evil, if you can call it a romance at all. I love the concept behind these books, but with the lack of action, there needs to be something else to fill the void, and the romance doesn’t. It’s almost as if it isn’t even there.Overall, A Beautiful Evil was a good read but I just didn’t enjoy it as much as Darkness Becomes Her. I’m not giving up on this series, however, because I love the concept and I love the characters.