anthrbookjunkie

anthrbookjunkie

Every You, Every Me

Every You, Every Me - I’ve heard nothing but good things about David Levithan’s books, and I was excited to finally read one. I’ve heard from a few different sources that this book wasn’t as good as his other books, but I absolutely loved it, so now I feel like I need to move his others up the TBR pile!One thing in particular that I loved about this book was Ariel. She’s a troubled girl and her absence is taking its toll on Evan’s psyche. Most often in YA, we see the boy as the “troubled” character, as the manipulative character, as the bad boy. There are a few books that I’ve read that come to mind that do feature a troubled female character, but nevertheless, they don’t seem to be too common. The photographs throughout the pages were a nice touch. I liked seeing what Evan was seeing, and it helped to understand why they were bothering him so much. The pictures didn’t take away from the story, and they weren’t overpowering, which was another bonus.Every You, Every Me is a book that made me contemplate life, and how well you really know people. Being inside Evan’s head made me think about things that rarely crossed my mind otherwise. I’m not generally a psychological thriller fan, but every now and then a one crosses my lap that I fall in love with. Every You, Every Me is a thrilling character driven novel that I would recommend everyone at least give a chance.