anthrbookjunkie

anthrbookjunkie

Origin

Origin - Jessica Khoury 2.5Basically I went from being bored, to loving the story, to disappointed in the path it took.The premise is fascinating, and even after reading the book, I still stand by that. It was an interesting concept and I wish I had been a bigger fan of the execution. I was a tad disappointed when the scientific explanations began to fall apart. Maybe that was the part of me that needs an explanation for everything.At least an entire star goes to the world-building. It was my favorite part of the story. You feel like you’re in the rain forest the entire time. Whether it be out in the wild or behind Pia’s glass wall, you could practically hear the animals. You could practically see the greenery, and feel the moisture in the air. It was very, very well done.I wasn’t a fan of the romance. It was rapid and under-developed. Pia and Eio didn’t spend much time together throughout the entire book, and I was supposed to believe they were in love? It wasn’t a possibility for me. I didn’t buy into their relationship, not even for a second. That said, I did like them individually, as characters. I wish we had seen more of Eio and gotten to know him better.Origin wasn’t what I was expecting, but I would still recommend people give it a shot, especially if you aren’t bothered by insta-love.